Benefits of Stretching
Simple stretching has a lot of benefits for the body and mind. Creating a daily routine of stretching can help relax muscles, increase blood flow, and restore nutrients into the joints.
- Releases stress – Tension can cause negative effects on the body. When your muscles are tight it causes limited range of motion and sometimes pain. Stretching your muscles can help release a lot of these tensions causing endorphins to be released in the body, which gives us the feeling of tranquility and euphoria. Stretching before going to bed helps promote a better quality of sleep.
- Improves Flexibility – An effective flexibility training program can improve your physical performance and help reduce your risk of injury. By improving your range of motion, your body requires less energy to make the same movements and you also will have more flexible joints thus lessening the likelihood of injuries acquired during workouts or during daily activities
- Improve Energy Levels – Muscles tighten when we get tired and that makes us feel even more lethargic, so feel free to stand up and do some stretches. It will help you to quickly and efficiently revitalize your energy levels.
- Reduce Soreness – Stretching before and after a workout gives your muscles time to relax. Increases in blood flow increase nutrient supply to the muscles and relieve soreness in the muscles after a workout.
- Reduces cholesterol – Paired with a healthy diet, engaging in prolonged stretching exercises can help reduce cholesterol in the body. This could prevent and even reverse the hardening of arteries, helping one avoid heart diseases.
There are many more benefits to stretching and we encourage you to book with us for our 20 minute assisted stretching service. We also give self care stretching to help you develop a healthy habit.